Here’s one for the sweet tooth in all of us. It works along the lines of ‘it’s not a breakfast, it’s a dessert’ thing that seems to be going on. For breakfast I actually had an amazing mango and this sweet treat was enjoyed as an afternoon snack when I was meant to be in Cervical prac. Perfect with a glass of milk on a rainy afternoon.
Jam Doughnut French Toast
- Thickly sliced white bread (on the hols I’m going to make my own, but for now I was stuck with the store bought stuff)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Wisc the egg, flour, sugar, vanilla essence and enough milk to make a smooth batter
- Heat the pan and melt a tablespoon of butter
- Coat the bread with batter and place in a hot pan in the melted butter
- Flip when it turns a golden crunchy texture
- Remove from the pan and place in in a plate of white sugar, flip and make sure the sugar is sticking
- Place on a plate with a dollop of stawberry jam
Yummmmm. I wanted to use fresh berries on this but the ones at the store didn’t look too happy. Enjoy.