This recipe is one I’ve had stashed away for a while, and when ham steaks came on special I couldn’t help but try. Big mistake. It looked pretty good but they flavours just did not work together. I wouldn’t bother with this one guys.
Ham with Chunky Apple, Walnut and Cranberry Sauce
- 1 large ham steak
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Heat ham over medium low heat in large skillet until heated through and slightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium high heat and add walnuts. Stir until walnuts are browning, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add apple, walnuts, cranberries, syrup and brown sugar. Bring to boil and stir until sugar is dissolved and apple softens slightly, about 3 minutes.
4. Place ham slices on plates and ladle sauce over top. Serve immediately.
To be fair to the good ‘ol ham steak, I had one a few days later for breakfast fried to a lovely brown and paired with an egg on toast and a cup of tea and it was lovely 🙂