This pizza came about due to my new love of the shiny purple eggplant. Although I love it, I have no idea what to cook with it, so I end up experimenting a lot. I got the basic idea from a recipe off foodgawker and then mixed it up a bit/ a lot. Ended up tasting amazing- especially with a glass of red wine. But to be honest, what doesn’t taste better with a glass of red wine? According to my mother, apparently codine… but I’ll try not to slip any of that into dinner! Here is the recipe:
Eggplant, Mushroom and Olive Pizza.
- Lavish bread
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- parmazin cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- Salt & cracked pepper
- Slice the eggplant and cut the tomato into large chunks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray with the clove of garlic in a hot oven.
- Puree the tomato and garlic with the basil and set aside.
- Put the lavish bread in the oven until it starts to crisp up.
- Spread the lavish bread with the tomato and garlic mixture and then cover with sliced eggplant, mushroom and olives. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and place in the oven until brown.
- Drizzle some balsamic over the pizza and voila! Pizza to be enjoyed!