Working on the principle that I won’t be alive enough to cook this week/this year I’ve made my good old pastry parcels that are great to freeze and then pop in the oven to crisp up. I made a variation to my usual this time- half I added curry powder to, the other half I added the cottage cheese, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. Nom. Don’t cook these before you freeze them, they go soft and won’t crisp up if you reheat them.
Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Parsels
- I large sweet potato
- 1 Small butternut pumpkin
- 1 Cup cottage cheese
- 1tsp nutmeg, crushed cloves, cinnamon
- 1tbls curry powder
- 5 sheets of puff pastry
- Cut the sweet potato and pumpkin into medium pieces and boil until soft.
- Blend using a wizz stick.
- Divide the mix into two: Add cottage cheese, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon to one half and the curry powder to the other half.
- cut pastry into three- add a portion of pumpkin mix into each part and fold over. Seal by pressing the edges with your fingers.
- Place each in a seperate small plastic bag and freeze.
- To cook- place on alfoil and bake at 170degrees for about 15 minutes.
Have fun with these 🙂 nice to have somthing interesting to eat after a really hard day!