I took a few artistic liberties with this cheesecake. Originally it was a strawberry cheesecake tart but I figured, what the hell, I’ll make it better! Original recipe at http://www.theyucadiaries.com/2011/03/22/strawberry-cheesecake/. Next time I’d also mix some raspberries and swirls of chocolate into the actual mix… My altered recipe below:
Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 pack scotch fingers
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, plus one yolk
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 150g dark cooking chocolate
- 1/4 cup cream
- In a food processor, crush the scotch fingers.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Press into the tart pan making sure it is firm and all the way up the sides.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the base and press in.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese, sour cream, condensed milk, lemon juice and eggs. Mix well to ensure it is blended fully.
- Pour into the base. Bake for 25 mins at 180 degrees.
- Remove and let the cheesecake cool completely.
- Place a bowl in a saucepan of hot water. Inside add the chocolate and melt.
- Add the cream and mix until a thick, silky consistency.
- Spread over the cooled cheesecake.
- Place some cream in a small plastic bag. Snip the end off and use to draw some patterns on the top of the chocolate.
- Place raspberries on top and refrigerate.
Enjoy- this was a real crowd pleaser at prac today!