Whenever I’m on the phone to my parents and they make a cup of tea, they ask if I want some. Same goes for when I bake. Da put in a request for macadamia biscuits so when I went up to townsville last weekend, I bought gifts! Deliciously crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside with heaps of nuts I really enjoyed these. So here’s the recipe, courtesy of http://thatwinsomegirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/white-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies.html
White Chocolate Macadamia Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup halved macadamia nuts
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until combined.
- Mix in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until incorporated.
- Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll the dough into even balls and lay them on the baking sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the centers are still soft and puffy, about 16 minutes.
Voila, delicious cookies! I wish I had some left now!!!