So I’ve always wanted to present pumpkin soup in a pumpkin. Tonight was the night. With the excuse of another friend to experiment on I endevoured to cross another thing of my culinary list of things to make/bake/create before I die! Carving out the pumpkin was surprisingly hard… I didn’t realise it would need so much muscle! But the result was great 🙂 Recipe below:
Pumpkin Soup- in a pumpkin!
- 1 small jap pumpkin + 1/4 jap pumpkin
- 2 potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- olive oil
- Cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin and scrape the insides out, seperating the seeds and flesh (discard the seeds).
- Cut the 1/4 of the pumpkin into chunks, the potato into similar sizes and add to the larger pieces from the whole pumpkin, cover in oil and salt and bake at 180 degrees till soft.
- Put the stock into a sauspan and add the smaller flesh parts. Boil until soft.
- Add the roasted pumpkin and then process until smooth.
- Add the cumin, honey and greek yoghurt.
- Pour into the pumpkin and add a swirl of greek yoghurt.
Voila! Pumpkin soup in a pumpkin!