I’m dreaming of Vietnam and today I made a last minute dash to the supermarket to pick up the fixings of Bahn Mi rather than the sausages I was planning to eat tonight. Although I lacked the millions of fresh herbs that should be in this meal, it tasted AMAZING. Surprisingly it was similar to the ones I tried in Vietnam, the biggest difference being the thickness of the bread in the baguette. Give it a go!
- Minced ginger
- 1tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1tsp soy sauce
- Cut the baguette into a 10cm piece then down the middle so it opens like a clam.
- Spread liberally with pate and a tiny bit of ginger.
- Thinly slice the tomato and cucumber and add to sandwich with the ham.
- Add the coriander and mint
- Drizzle the sauces over the toppings