I was having a ‘I don’t know what to eat for dinner tonight’ moment. Until the thought struck me- meatballs! Not that I had any spaghetti, but some beautiful meatballs in a rich tomato sauce is just what the doctor ordered. These were REALLY yummy and super easy to make. If you actually have stocked your pantry, unlike me, put them on some spaghetti and I’m sure they would be delighted with the company.
Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 200g mince
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2tbsp flour
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- herb mix (I used Mediterranean)
- 1tbsp stock powder
- Grate the onion and carrot and add to the mince.
- Mix with your hands and slowly add the flour until it comes together nicely.
- Add to a hot pan and turn until all sides are browned (ok I know spheres don’t have sides per say, but you know what I mean).
- Add the can of tomatoes and stock and simmer with the lid on for about 15 minutes, stiring occasionally, scoop the tomato liquid over the meatballs to keep them moist.
These were just as delicious for lunch today as they were for dinner last night!