I’m cleaning my house today for my first inspection of the real estate. As I clean though, the kitchen is getting progressively messier as I cook up wonderful things in between cleaning rooms. I don’t have a huge selection of things in my fridge, oweing to the fact it’s quite small, so I did a quick search on foodgawker.com for ‘ham and cheese’ http://bakingbites.com/2009/08/french-ham-cheese-and-egg-crepes-step-by-step/ it has great step by step instructions. I pretty much added the contents of my fridge but you can add anything- though I would recommended cheese as it makes a wonderful gooey centre. I made a single portion, enough for a good lunch for myself.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2tbsp water
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Fillings- in my case tomato, tasty cheese, danish fetta cheese, ham and spring onion.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and water.
- Slowly add the flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Prepare your fillings by slicing thinly.
- Pour the batter into a moderately hot frying pan.
- when the bottom has set, lay your fillings on half the uncooked side.
- Use a spatula to flip the other half over your fillings, making a semi circle.
- Continue to cook until your cheese has melted and the batter is cooked through. At some point flip to ensure both sides are browned evenly.
- 1/8 watermelon
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 dosen grapes
Method: Using a wizz stick/blender. Blend well! You can use all sorts of fruit with this one, and if you like it cold, pre freeze the grapes. It’s delicious!