I am slightly addicted to the bell peppers stuffed with cheese that they sell at Woolworths. Not the ones they sell at Coles mind, only the Woolworths ones, because they are sweet and savory and melt in your mouth all at once. I’ve never attempted the stuffed bell pepper, until now. The packet of bell peppers called to me on my recent ‘lets buy everything I could never afford when I was a student’ shopping trip. I hadn’t really planned on what to stuff them with, so I simply stuffed them with the contents of my fridge, which, as I had just been on the aforementioned shopping trip, was rather wonderful. Completely original recipe below.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 8 bell peppers
- 70g goats cheese with ash
- 1/8 cup of parmazen
- 1 brown onion
- 4 basil stems
- handful mint leaves
- handful pine nuts
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- Slice the onion and fry until cooked.
- Mix onion with diced basil stems and other ingredients.
- Slice the top off the peppers so that it is able to hinge and remove the seeds.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture, using a piece of goats cheese to stick the lids back on.
- Pack tightly into an ovenproof dish and drizzle oil over them.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and use some sort of fire producing equipment to blister the skin of the peppers.
- Serve on a bed of rocket with a splash of red wine vinegar.
Oh and they taste fantastic! Definitely give these a go! The red wine vinegar just sets them off wonderfully.