I think this is the best burger I have ever eaten. Perfect mix of sweet and savory. And like the best burgers, so juicy that you can’t help get a little messy eating it! Recipe below:
The Best Chicken and Bacon Burger
- Freshly made basil pesto (the same pesto I made for the bean salad)
- Tomato sauce
- 2 pieces short crust bacon
- 1 chicken thigh fillet
- mescalin mix
- two slices cheese
- 3 slices tomato
- 2 slices tinned pineapple
- Crusty bun
- Slice the bun in two and place the cheese on the inside.
- Grill the cheese onto the bun until it is melted.
- Pan fry the chicken, pineapple and bacon.
- Spread the pesto and mayonnaise onto the bottom of the burger.
- Stack the tomato, lettuce mix, chicken, bacon and pineapple.
- Squeeze some sauce on top and you are good to go!