I love the strong flavours of Mexican food. But I have issues with buying a box of tacos to feed myself… only myself! I’d never thought to make my own tortillas until I came across a post on pinterest. So tonight I dived in and, like making pasta, was completely gobsmacked by how easy they were! The subsequent tacos were delicious!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1tsp oil
- 1/4 cup warm milk (plus extra)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and oil together.
- Slowly add the milk until it comes together in a slightly sticky ball.
- Knead on a floured surface for a few minutes until it feels elastic.
- Let rest for 10-20 minutes (whatever time it took me to cook the chicken!)
- Press each ball flat on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll out into a thin circle aproximately 20cm in diameter.
- Put in a hot pan with a tiny bit of oil. Flip when you can see the top side blistering and the underside has bubbles of brown.
- When both sides are cooked, remove and eat!
- One freshly made flour tortilla
- one tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper
- pasta sauce
- chicken thigh
- mescalin mix
- cream cheese
- spread some cream cheese on the flour tortilla then arrange the cheese on top.
- Dice the tomato and onion together, add salt, pepper and lemon and arrange on tortilla.
- Chop the chicken and brown before adding pasta sauce and simmering for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on the tortilla and add salad greens.
- Fold in half and enjoy!
Ah, could only make it better by sharing it with friends!