I’ve wanted to try ravioli for some time. I searched for a ravioli press or cutter, but I couldn’t find one. So I made do. It is possible to make it without a press- and after doing so I won’t be searching anymore. I do want a cutter to make the edges pretty though! In the photos you can see I burnt the pecans a little- make sure you watch them. One second they’re barely warm, the next- charcoal!
Spiced Pumpkin Ravioli with Pecans and a Burnt Butter and Maple Sauce
- 1/4 small jap pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp crushed clothes
- 100g pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- Fresh pasta- rolled into sheets.
- 2 tbsp milk
- extra tsp butter
- Make fresh pasta as per previous recipes and roll into a flat sheet.
- Roast pumpkin in small pieces.
- Mash pumpkin with spices.
- Roll 1 tsp of the pumpkin mix into a ball and place on the pasta.
- Melt butter with milk and use a pastry brush to brush over the pastry
- Fold the pasta over and use your fingers to press the air out of the ravioli surrounding the pumpkin
- Cut into portions and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the pan with the maple and add the pecans until they have warmed and the butter browns.
- Mix together and enjoy!