Jamie Oliver, you do know what you’re doing. Although I must say I think our decision to use prawns and chorizo instead of tuna was a great idea. As Jamie said, even if you don’t like capers and anchovies put them in because they melt into the sauce to make it amazing!
Chorizo and Prawn Putenesca
- 500ml tomato purée/ passata
- 2 generous tsp capers
- 4 anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Continental parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 kilo green prawns, peeled
- 1 chorizo
- Dried chilli/ flakes
- 8 kalamatra olives
- Salt a large saucepan of water and cook spaghetti.
- Crush the garlic and add to a hot pan with olive oil, dried chilli, capers and anchovies.
- Finely chop the parsley stems and roughly chop the leaves. Add the stems to the pan.
- Chop the chorizo into circles and add to the pan until they crisp up.
- Add passata and bring to a simmer.
- Add prawns and olives and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer pasta to sauce and toss.
- Add 1/2 -1 1/2 cups of the pasta water to the sauce to thin it.
- Toss and serve. Enjoy!
So the leftovers may have slightly less chorizo in them after I may have scouted the top of the dish for it, but I’m sure they’ll be amazing anyway! An easy and beautifully flavourful dish.