Episode two: I really love garlic. So garlic bread is kind of magical to me. To go with the rest of the feast I cooked with Da we made a beautiful garlic ciabatta from Jamie Oliver’s 30 minute meals. Delicious.
- One loaf of ciabatta
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Continental parsley
- Cut the ciabatta 3/4 the way down lengthways and crossways to form a checkerboard pattern.
- Drizzle olive oil into these cut sections.
- Crush the garlic and finely chop the parsley.
- Mix with more olive oil and then press down into the cuts.
- Wrap with wet baking paper and bake at 200 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
Wrapping the bread in the wet baking paper make the outside amazingly crunchy while the inside was as soft as if it had been freshly baked! Amazing!