I find mangoes decadent. They scream summer and happiness to me. Inspired by the watermelon salad, I wondered what would happen if I tried a mango salad. Deliciousness- that’s what would happen! It’s really simple and goes perfectly with fish or chicken (and I think it looks pretty good too!)
Georgina’s Mango Salad
- 1 ripe mango (not overripe- you don’t want it to be mooshy)
- handful of mint leaves
- 1/3 red onion
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Remove the mango cheeks and cut flesh into cubes- if you want it to be really pretty for an event- just use the cheeks. If its for home- slice the sides off and chop into large pieces too.
- Remove mint leaves from stem and add to mango.
- Finely slice onion and add to mango.
- Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
- Delicious and summery!
I’m dreading the day I go to the shop and the mangoes are gone. Although at $3 a mango, my bank will probably be happy! Enjoy this one while you can!