I like trying new food. At the markets today there was Kale- so I bought it, with no idea what to do with it! Luckily as the newest green ‘super food’, the internet is full of ideas! http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/kale-roasted-peppers-olives-10000000524082/index.html
Kale Olive and Marinated Pepper Salad
- Two stalks of kale
- Clove of garlic
- 5 olives
- 5 strips of marinated peppers
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the kale and crush the garlic
- Add the garlic to a pan until it is aromatic and then add the kale.
- Stirfry until the leaves become bright green and warm.
- Chop the olives in half and peppers into slices.
- Add to kale and toss until warm.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
This is a really easy side dish that went well with fish. I’ll definitely try it again- and there are so many ways to cook kale I’ll have try them all!