I love corn fritters. I’ve made them in various reincarnations for years but this set was just amazing! I think it was the toppings. Eating them outside on our lovely balcony with a book and a nice cup of tea didn’t hurt either!!! So here’s the recipe- amounts have been estimated because I just made it up as I went.
Corn Fritters with Cumin Yoghurt
- 1 cup of sweet frozen corn kernals
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 small tomato chopped
- Small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix corn, flour, egg, milk and half the shallots together into a batter. If it’s too thick, add a little water.
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto a moderately hot pan and scoop 1/3 of the mixture at a time to cook.
- When the fritter begins to bubble over the whole top flip. Make sure the pan isn’t too hot to allow the fritter to cook through.
- Meanwhile, crush the garlic and mix with the yoghurt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Roughly chop the tomato and add to remaining shallots.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and arrange on fresh spinach.
- Dollop the yoghurt mixture on top, scatter the tomato and shallots and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Nom nom nom. Delicous Sunday lunch!