I’ve started to enjoy making traditional meals with non-traditional ingredients. Using zucchini instead of spaghetti for example (that makes a mean bolognaise but that’s for another post). This time I used eggplant instead of a pizza base. The delicious eggplant made the perfect edition to the pizza toppings. It wasn’t exactly easy/clean to eat, but oh my! Yummy!
- 1 Large eggplant
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Green olives stuffed with fetta
- Parmesan cheese
- Brown onion
- Marinated peppers
- Tomato, sweet chilli, BBQ sauce or cream cheese
- Slice the eggplant into thick slices and lightly chargrill on a frying pan.
- Cover a baking tray with alfoil and arrange the eggplant on top.
- Arrange toppings on top and sprinkle with a little cheese and a drizzle of sauce or small dollops of cream cheese.
- Bake at 180degrees until they begin to brown (around 5 minutes)