I was scouting the aisles of the supermarket for something quick, easy and delicious for dinner. I actually had migorang in my basket when I came across the goats cheese on special. Not one to pass up on goats cheese, I had a quick think on what would go well with it and what was in my fridge. I came up with the following:
Roast Sweet Potato, Beetroot, Zucchini and Goats Cheese Stack with Lemon and Thyme
- one large zucchini
- one long, thin sweet potato
- one small beetroot
- one block goats cheese
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Slice the vegetables into 3mm rounds.
- Toss gently in a little olive oil and arrange in one layer.
- Roast sweet potato and beetroot at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn with tongs and add zucchini. Continue to roast for 20 minutes- turning zucchini after 10 minutes.
- Arrange in stacks with sweet potato on the bottom, a layer of goats cheese, beetroot, goats cheese and topped with the zucchini.
- Squeeze the lemon over the top and sprinkle with thyme.
These are seriously delicious and I gobbled them up! I think they would be wonderful for canapes and I’m considering them for Christmas dinner this year!