I should have written this recipe up when I made it two weeks ago. It is delicious! It’s not especially healthy- mostly because of the large amounts of butter I used, but it was a weekend treat. Also about 30 minutes after I ate these I went on a 21 km run so I may have used some of the energy!
Next time I think I would use cottage cheese, I wasn’t especially fond of the grainy ricotta texture. But go for it and enjoy. You may have to alter the amounts a little as I just made it by feel!
Spiced Apple, Walnut and Sultana Pancakes with Ricotta and Honey
– 1grated pink lady apple
– 1/4 cup plain flour
– 1/3 cup almond milk (or substitute with any milk)
– 1 heaped tsp baking powder
– Handful of walnuts, crushed
– Handful of sultanas
– Selection of spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice etc.
– 4 tbsp ricotta cheese
1. Mix the apple, flour, milk, baking soda, spices, 2 tbsp ricotta and half the walnuts and sultanas together. Make sure the mixture is the right thickness- you should be able to pour it.
2. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
3. Heat some butter in a pan and ok the pancakes on low heat. Flip after a few minutes.
4. Serve in a stack topped with honey, a dollop of butter and the remaining ricotta. Scatter the remaining sultanas and walnuts over the top.
5. Enjoy! Preferably in the sunshine after a good sleep in!