I was in the mood for something simple, delicious and quick to cook after a week of hard workouts left my entire body feeling like it had been stomped on by water buffalo. I had the tzatziki in my hand before I realised that I could probably make a delicious one at home. I’m so glad that I did! This meal took me about 10 minutes to put together (and that’s a real ten minutes not a Jamie Oliver ten minutes with preheated pans and water already boiled). I think I polished it off in less time than that…
Lebanese lamb with home made tzatziki
- One lamb rump steak
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 large continental cucumber
- 1 small tomato
- 1 Lebanese bread
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt (I used Chobani 0% because I’m in love with its creaminess)
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Heat up your BBQ and place the lamb on when it is hot.
- Crush the garlic and mix it with the yoghurt and juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- Chop the cucumber finely and add half to the yoghurt with a good amount of salt and pepper
- Chop the tomato in slightly larger pieces
- Flip the lamb and add the Lebanese bread to the BBQ to heat.
- Assemble your meal with the bread as the base, the cucumber and tomato scattered on top, a big dollop of tzatziki and then the lamb on top.
- Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon over the whole dish
Such a delicious, healthy meal after a big week.