I always love cooking breakfast foods. It seems like such a luxury to have a carefully planned breakfast, hot and tasty, rather than a bite of toast or cold cereal eaten in the dark. I have the morning off, thanks to honours. Although to be honest it isn’t really off, I’m meant to be writing stuff up… but I’ll hopefully get some done tonight/this arvo. This morning, I’m dedicating myself to eggs. For a while I had something against eggs. Too squishy I thought to myself. However, now I adore cooking with them- so versatile! I bought these little ramikans from an op shop and since then I’ve been working out what I can cook in them. There’s an amazing recipe for redwine and beef pie with a potato pastry top that I can’t wait to try. But this morning, it’s baked eggs. Recipe by moi, devised based on what was in my house, although as I shopped yesterday, there was actually a selection!
Good Morning Baked Eggs
Ingredients (for 1 serve)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1 large button mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 spanish onion sliced
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- dried herbs, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 150 degrees and place ramekin with 1tbsp butter into the oven
- Once the oven has reached temperature, remove ramekin and place sliced tomato, mushroom, onion and cream in a nice arrangement.
- Crack egg on top and add last of ingredients on top
- Place lid on and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove lid for a final 5 mins of baking
Enjoy with a cup of tea or glass of juice. I really wish I had my camera for this. Well, I do have my camera, just not a memory card so it’s difficult to take photos. Just this dish looks amazing! And I know the nom factor increases exponentially if you guys have pics to drool over! Soon, I promise!